1) My dad asking me if I've ever met the "Me-off twins"...then errupting into laughter. (email me for the rest of that joke...it's way offsides. The fact that my dad told me it made me ill.)
2) Upon being asked by my eldest brother to help him carry the grill onto the deck...I may have slowly dropped it, and then Josh turned into the hulk, threw it over his shoulder, and carried it up himself. And in his momentary fit of anger and frustration, he broke the handle off...I found this entire encounter utterly hilarious. You know what happens when you're laughing too hard to tell everyone what just happened? You're brother blames it all on you...
3) Making christmas cookies with my dad....and re-doing them when they weren't cut and shaped to cookie perfection. Best part, we had to use a 2 liter of Diet coke to roll out the dough. Since dad won't let a christmas go by without a 24 hour marathon of cookie making...next years gift: ROLLING PIN.
4) Snuggling each night with whichever animal claimed their spot on the bed first, or the one night with my niece, Elle.
5) My nephew Luke asking if he could go "-nowmobiling" again....my heart may have dropped a little hearing his little voice...
6) Going to work with my dad...retiling a floor...though I had to take an insane amount of painkillers due to my intense back pain after...I wouldn't have rathered be anywhere else then alongside my old man, listening to the same songs on the radio, singing offkey, horribly on purpose, telling bad jokes or being silent.
7) "It's five o clock somewhere, Marc.." and Sister Day. New rule...one day dedicated to sisterhood every time I come home. We have years to make up....
8) My dad yelling at Luke to "GROW UP!" He's two....somehow he still loves his grampy...
9) Hearing step mom Laura tell a story that she found so funny she couldn't finish it...my dad and I were so confused. But, watching people laugh that hard is somewhat endearing, and contagious...leading me to...
10) My dad's absolutely horrendous and horrid, obnoxious, irritating, and absolutely psychotic laugh that seeks only attention from those around. The only people that it still works on: Jessica and I. By the end of our shrugging him off and telling him to stop, the three of us laugh so hard we can hardly breath.
Dad, Laura, Josh, Marcy, Elle, Luke, and Dennis and Jessica who weren't with us this year, I love you all more than I can begin to tell you. You guys are more than my look-a-likes. You are my daily (even though I don't see you) source of hope, inspiration, encouragement, unconditional love and joy. Thank you for a wonderful stay at home. There are lots of differences between us. But, one thing we all have in common, for which I brag...
So proud to be...Norse.
No comments:
Post a Comment