Sunday, January 1, 2012

10/18/11


“Hows Boston babe?”

What a pregnant question.  Or maybe the answer is pregnant; either way, this is multifacetingly complicated.  Yea I made that word up…So. What.

I work a good 9-10 hours a day, travel another three, and just recently stopped making excuses for not working out.  Yea, that was a real great idea. I’m left with just enough sleep to get me through the next day with the same to do list that is exhausting, will not show immediate results, and will take a well behaved and delightful Lindsey, and not a disgruntled, impatient Lindsey in order to accomplish with grace and high regard.  If you’re thinking, “Lindsey, you’re very very clearly setting yourself up for extreme failure” then you’re right.

Last night I layed in my bed, and just smiled.  I painted my walls a psychotic lime green.  Like, soda can Mellow yellow colored.  I’m sure if one approached my bedroom door they would be shocked to find a highly functioning and completely insightful 25 year old, and not a scraggly haired little girl with sticky hands and toys everywhere.  Oh well…sometimes I’m 7, and sometimes I’m colorblind to circumstance.  So I guess the analogy is perfect.  “They call me mellow yellow…”

I layed in bed, and could here the mice scuttling through the walls…sounds more like a stampede of mice…in fact, one night I was certain it was my cat in the wall.  Now tonight, it was just funny.  No judgment on this house or my family; just acknowledgement that this certainly wasn’t my room, that these mice in the walls lived here long before me.  I technically share this room.  With a family of mice…and lets just hope they don’t try to eat my wimpy little kitten-looking cat, who is afraid of everything and good for nothing.  But, she’s SO pretty.

I shut the light off, and try to smile my joint pain away.  Two days ago, after a very long day of dressing up like a Barbie doll and being “Dinner Party Skipper” to promote Boston Sports Clubs in my community, my boss and I went back to Boston Sports Club to close up and reconvene with the other managers.  Walking from my office on the way to the main lobby, down a HUGE flight of stairs, I take 3 steps, my knee gives out making me miss a step, and I then proceeded to fly headfirst down the staircase.   In a dress, and in 4 inch black patent leather Steve Maddens.  I swept my legs under me as quick as possible so as not to show my gym and employees my “lacey luluthong” (compliments of lululemon athletica, the most overpriced and underappreciated undergarment in this world), just in time for my managers to hand me my belongings, which went everywhere.  At LEAST 8 people witnessed this.  I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry from the unreserved embarrassment.  So I did neither, and pretended like my bruised and bleeding knees didn’t hurt.  You can dress the girl up but you clearly can’t take her out….or she will trip up eventually.

New, intense job.  Ridiculous commute.  No personal life.  Lime green room and a mice infested habitat; and finally, biffing it down a staircase for the ENTIRE Leadership team plus a few innocent passerby’s to witness, causing me to consult an orthopedist about a third knee surgery, so not to put my dignity up for grabs in future events…AND, my life is absolutely chosen, joyful and PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment