Listening to “The Maine” on Pandora, and writing in the history section (most deserted section of my bookstore, no history buffs in Silver Spring I guess, :-/) on the floor, with my sugar free raspberry Americano…recalling my perfect day….
My mom is so incredibly thoughtful. She surprised me with a monetary birthday gift one week early. I have talked to my gym crush twice, two days in a row. I prayed he wouldn’t introduce himself formally and put out his hand as both 20 second exchanges made my palms sweat. I worked out yesterday with a 5 foot, 66 year old Brazilian man with an accent and an adorable graying pony tail. Turns out, he has a better recovery heart rate than I do. Alfred held a plank for 3 and a half minutes effortlessly, followed by fifty flawless pushups. I saw him at the coffee shop today, and oddly found myself wanting go out of my way and almost asked to sit with him, but I was afraid what he would think of me. What we have here is a good old fashioned friend crush, at its finest.
It’s snowing, and what always rings in my head when everything is covered with snow, are my dads profound words years ago when driving by the Kashuba’s house, the poorest family in town, that share their house with goats, and have more garbage surrounding their house than the city dump; chimes in my dad at this moment where I’m in my judgmental state: “I love when it snows, because it covers up all the ugly, and make everyone the same and equal and beautiful.” Now, everytime it snows, I only notice the beauty and equality in the world.
Two nights ago, when my roommate and I were snowed in, we watched and sang along to the American Idol rejects…hilarious exchanges with Sarah sit with me for days and still make me smile in retrospect. I might sing “loving you….is easy cause you’re beautiful” terribly, and off key EVERY night if it promised the sound of her choking laughter vibrating through her door to my room…
My current mantra: I love the life I have chosen for myself…it is truly chosen, beautiful and Lindsey-perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment